Déjà vu! – Dil to Techy hai!


When I completed my PG diploma in computer programming in 1995, the Internet was emerging and Java programming language was just launched. I had an intense urge to learn Java programming which brought me to Mumbai then. I wanted to develop software that worked on the web, using Java technology. I got into IT industry and now I run Harrier information systems, an offshore IT services company. 


Today, after almost 23 years, I have that déjà vu feeling! With so many exciting new technologies emerging, I want to go back to school to learn some of these technologies to help ourselves and our clients by developing cutting edge solutions leveraging these technologies.

These include...

  • SMAC-G, a combination of Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud computing and GIS;
  • MEAN/CEAN – MongoDB/Cassandra, Express.js, Angular.js and Node.js stack;
  • artificial intelligence,
  • Blockchains,
  • Internet of things,
  • Cyber defense, and
  • Solar energy!

I am sure, I may have missed some other promising areas of new technologies. These technologies can really help revolutionize the way we all work, live and transact with each other. It has already started happening. Each of these fields will have numerous start-ups working on a piece of the pie and trying to make an impact.

Using these technologies require a paradigm shift in our thought process and development methods, and we need to reinvent ourselves. That is why one needs to either go back to school or start afresh with a clear perspective. It seems worth taking a break from the current day-job and just focus on quickly diving deep into one’s area of passion.

Thanks for reading. Shall appreciate your thoughts and feedback!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preserving our heritage!

Irony of customer satisfaction!

Digital, Global and Available!