Life is to learn!

Did we know how to walk when we were born? We learned that.
Did we know how to speak at the time of birth? We learned that too.
Did we know initially the language we speak? We all learned our mother tongue.
Did we take a crash course on parenting before getting married? Still most of us got married and have a family.

Point is, there are hundreds of things we learned since birth and keep on learning daily. I believe, one of the purposes of life is to learn and to share/pass-on the learning, while continue to learn afresh every day.

That is the reason, I get upset when someone avoids some task saying I haven’t done that before or I don’t know how to do it rather than saying please allow me a little extra time to figure it out and do it, or I need to learn it and then do it so it may take a little longer.

I’ll be very worried the day I don’t learn something new.

I know some close relatives who say they don’t want to read or learn new stuff as they are almost retired. I feel sorry for them. They are retired because they have stopped learning.

Amitabh Bachchan, an Indian super star and the host of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ the Indian version of ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’, says ‘Sikhana band to Jitana Band’ meaning if you stop learning, you stop winning. I feel if you are not learning something new, you are almost dead! This is true for individuals and organizations alike.

This is even truer for the technology business we are in with newer technologies emerging every day. So one has to keep learning new technologies to be ahead of competition.

I think, ability to learn and accept new things separates leaders from followers.

That’s why this blog is also called, ‘What I learned’. May God bless us all with the wisdom and motivation to keep learning something new always.

Thank you so much for reading. Hope you liked it. Shall highly appreciate your thoughts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preserving our heritage!

Irony of customer satisfaction!

Digital, Global and Available!